Sunday, June 12, 2022

6/11 North Berwick

I am going to try to make posts a bit shorter, so you may see more than one per day. 

Anyway, after leaving North Yorkshire, I headed north along the coast and spent one night in a little town along the North Sea called North Berwick.  It is a pretty little place and also has a Sea Bird Conservancy Museum.  However, getting here meant exiting the freeway and driving on about 15 miles of narrow and curving roads while dodging other vehicles.  

But one interesting thing is that I noticed this white monolith sticking out of the sea, so I drove up a little road to get a better photo.  

 

By the way,I later found out that this rock was NOT white--instead it was covered by one of the world's largest colonies of nesting gannets, so the color came from the birds, not the rock.   


Then, I saw this group of UK motorhomes parked in this little park, so I stopped, and asked one lady some questions.  This was not really a campground, but since there was no signs forbidding it, RVers could spent the night or even week here!  Their vehicles were a lot smaller than most of ours are, but they are self-contained.  What a terrific view!!

 

Later I took this closeup and found it even had a lighthouse on it, but you can see the birds flying around in this photo.  


And some photos of the town at low tide.








The next morning, I drove into Scotland and took these photos of their Scotland flag.  No union jacks or commemorative Jubilee bunting in Scotland!!

Also, on this day, I drove through the Glencoe Valley on my way to Fort William, Scotland.  It is some of the most beautiful countryside in Scotland and is not to be missed.  See the next post for this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment