Sunday, June 12, 2022

6/11 Drive to Fort William and Glencoe

The Glencoe Valley is one of the most beautiful in Scotland because of its high mountains and numerous lakes and waterfall.  In fact, it was the location that was chosen for Hogwarts Castle in the movies.  I drove through part of it in 2008, but the weather was a lot nicer than it was this trip.  It has been cold, cloudy, rainy, and more rainy, so photos are not the best.  

I stopped when I could in pullover areas, but mostly I had to time my photos with the windshield wipers.  A couple of times, I briefly stepped out of my vehicle, but the wind was also blowing very hard, so photo taking was limited.  









Was happy to get to my dry hotel room in Fort Williams, even if I did have to drive around for half an hour to find the hotel.  GPS kept telling me to turn left, but not exactly where to turn left.  Got a tour of one residential neighborhood twice!! Finally, called the hotel and the lady at the desk told me it was right next to the hospital!!  That made it a lot easier.

Between walking around North Berwick a little in the morning and my stops while driving to Fort William, my Fitbit says I walked 3,456 steps and 1.35 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment